- Never pull, drag, or lift blanket by the power cord.
- Never use ungrounded, worn or damaged extensions cords.
- Never connect to a higher voltage power supply than what is listed on the cord. (Ref. image 1A)
- Never connect the blanket to a power source when rolled or folded.
- Always use a Ground Fault Protection Device when using Powerblanket products.
- Do not submerge Powerblanket products in water. They are water resistant, not waterproof. Keep them out of flooded areas and make sure to use grounded extension cords with a working GFCI circuit.
- Clean surface daily of dirt & debris with a mild soap and warm water; then inspect for rips, tears or holes of any kind.
- Do not return to service until repaired or patched. Patch all holes using the powerblanket vinyl repair kit, or a similar product. Caution, not using the powerblanket vinyl repair kit may void your warranty, contact your local distributor or Powerblanket directly for ordering or more information.
- Prepare for storage by removing all debris that can pierce the outer shell. If possible avoid folding the blanket as this will increase blanket longevity. If folding is necessary, follow the steps below.
- When folding the blanket avoid creasing and crumpling. Fold lines should have an arch to prevent damage to the blanket. (Ref. images 1B, 2B, and 3B)